ArtNetdlr Coffee Dock
We are back to conversations, connections, and coffees again at ArtNetdlr Coffee Dock.
There was an excellent turnout at the first meeting in Walters on Wednesday 1 st of February, where a special roundtable discussion took place between ArtNetdlr members – painters, photographers, poets & writers, amongst other creatives, the artists of dlr.
ArtNetdlr Coffee Dock now will take place on the first Wednesday of every month from 12.15pm to 1.15pm, and we are exploring the option to run an evening meet-up too.
The Coffee Dock is a forum for members to meet each other and to discuss matters of interest . It may take different formats each time depending on what is up for discussion.
Proposed format :
- Opening words.
- Discussion around the table – Participants have a maximum of two minutes to speak. This enables everyone to have an opportunity to participate.
- The group will be divided into smaller groups for approximately a 20 minute discussion.
- The full group will get together. One person from each group will summarize for their group briefly.
- General discussion arising
- Again everyone is to be mindful of not speaking over the time and giving others a chance. This will lead to an interesting and inclusive discussion.
Next Coffee Dock – Wednesday 1st March, from 12.15.
Proposed topic for discussion – Dealing with Failure to Succeed and Rejection, as artists are continually applying for grants, callouts for projects and exhibitions, and they have to deal with a fair amount of rejection.
Brian Fitzgerald will facilitate the Coffee Dock. Brian is an Artnetdlr member & illustrator of children’s picture books.