The call for Entries to Metamorphosis is now closed.
ArtNetdlr is delighted to announce Walters as a unique venue for the upcoming ArtNetdlr Biennale Collaborative Project Metamorphosis 2021.
To coincide with the reopening of this iconic place in Dun Laoghaire, Walters will exhibit the collaborative works of art by the most renown local artists. ArtNetdlr Biennale is an opportunity to showcase different art forms and practices, such as painting, sculpture, ceramics, tapestry, poetry, music and film working together. As part of this partnership, Walters will host a number of events, artists talks, music, poetry readings, continuous curated shows, and possibly members solo shows in future.
We know it may mean re-imagining the work as it will be in a very public place with people walking by all the time. There are a few guidelines to be considered:
- Size of work and concepts, ie. sculpture/video/painting etc. are required by the 7 May 2021
- We are appointing an external Curator to hang the work, artists will have no control over this process.
- Work must be presented framed or complete so that the public can be close to it. There are spaces for Videos but monitors will have to be supplied along with any required supervision ( turning on /off, ensuring it runs etc).
- Walters are installing a hanging system information will be given nearer the date, as special hooks will need to be attached to hanging work.
- No participant can go to or enter the premises due to Covid restrictions.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
ArtNetdlr is an ambitious collective of professional artists of every discipline connected to Dún Laoghaire – Rathdown. We focus to improve and open up opportunities for artists, encourage participation, exchange, and collaboration amongst different art forms and practices.
We are seeking ArtNetdlr members – artists of all disciplines, to join this unique creative collaborative project which will culminate with an exhibition in May / June 2021 in DLR area (all suggestions for an exhibition space are welcome).
Darina Meagher is Metamorphosis curator / coordinator, and collaborative committee from participants will be formed for the project. We will hold a draw to match artists with each other, or let us know if you already have partnered up with someone. We are hoping to arrange Zoom meetings for participating groups for presentations and discussions.
ArtNetdlr is supported by dlr county council Arts Office grant. However, there is a €20 registration fee to join the project and fundraising plans to help fund it.
Email us at [email protected] if you are interested in participating in the project and haven’t signed up yet.